The MauiGrown Coffee Clip is the perfect accessory for keeping your coffee fresh and ready for the next brew.
Please sign-up for our newsletter and we'll be sure to keep you informed on our upcoming coffee harvests, new blends and fresh roasts.
MauiGrown Coffee Company Store
Coffee Ground Guide
What type of grind should I get?
The grind mostly depends on the method you use to make coffee. The most popular method in the US is the auto-drip, using either disposable paper filters or a permanent metal-mesh.
"Rule-of-Thumb" guide for what type of grind to use:
- Espresso/Cappuccino machines: extra fine grind
- Auto-Drip coffeemakers using paper filters: fine-medium grind
- Auto-Drip coffeemakers with a metal-mesh filter: medium grind
- Manual drip (pour-over): medium-coarse grind
- French Press: coarse grind
- Percolator: coarse grind
Experiment a little. Start with our guidelines and judge how the coffee tastes. To make your coffee taste a little stronger, you may want to purchase a finer ground the next time. If you taste a touch of bitterness, perhaps a coarser grind would be better.
Grinding your own coffee beans just before brewing definitely provides the
absolute, freshest tasting coffee.
"Rule-of-Thumb" guide for grinding:
- Fine: 30 - 40 seconds
- Medium: 20 - 25 seconds
- Medium-Coarse: 15 - 20 seconds
- Coarse: 5 - 10 seconds